Sunday, 2 February 2014

Week 5 - Recursion, Recursion and More Recursion

This week was quite easy going in the learning category as no new topics were introduced. There were more applications of Recursion, as we learnt how a classic problem called The Tower of Hanoi could be solved using the magical powers of Recursion. I guess I have finally started to give in; into the wonderful capabilities of the world of Recursion. A problem that would generally take hours to solve by hand or using an inefficient code could be solved with ease by our good old Recursive friend.

The pressure is building on as the deadline of our first Assignment in this course draws to a close. Fortunately, I was able to team up with very capable peers from my class and we tackled every problem as a team. This is when I truly understood the powers of teamwork. Working alone would have been a nightmare and this way I got to know my peers in a better manner. When we started the assignment I was rather very scared thinking the assignment would be very open ended as A3 of CSC 108, but it really wasn't. It was very well structured for the first part and we were also given Doctstrings for most of the functions.

PS: To those who find time to read this Blog, and if you are one of those who debate over working alone or not, Choose a Partner and take my word on this YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment